Offering our expertise in Li-Ion BMSs and large battery packs to the industry
Elithion offers engineering consulting services in areas related to Li-Ion batteries and Battery Management Systems (BMS).
- Battery pack design: mechanical and electrical design, thermal analysis
- PHEV conversions
- System integration
Battery design for a light rail train
Elithion offers presentations and courses on the jubject of Li-ion battery technology and applications, taylored to specific interests.
20-minute panel presentations:
- Introduction to Li-ion batteries
- Introduction to BMS basics
- Dangers of parallel connection of batteries
- Low voltage cutoff and CCCV charging: a false sense of security
- The 3 charging stages
- How much balance current is required
- Charge transfer balancing ("active") vs. Bypass balancing ("passive")
1-hour conference presentations:
- Li-ion myths and misconceptions
- BMS and battery topologies
- State of Charge estimation
Presenting a class.
- Li-ion cells: types, formats and chemistries; characterization, safe operation, spec sheets and selection
- Cell arrangement: series, parallel; parallel-first, series-first; issues with each arrangement and solutions
- Li-ion BMS: types and topologies, functions, selection
- Battery design: Component selection, cell installation, connections, control, protection, isolation, thermal management, mechanical design
- Modules and arrays: Modular, ganged and split batteries; battery arrays
- Assembly: Preparation, assembly, configuration testing
- Dysfunctions: Pitfalls to avoid, troubleshooting and repair
- Small batteries: consumer products, power banks
- High voltage stationary batteries: grid-tied and off-grid; utilities and consumers
- Installing and using an Elithion BMS
- Large low voltage batteries: stationary or mobile house power; telecom, residential, marine, RVs, UPS, microgrid, engine starter
- Traction batteries: passenger, industrial, racing, public transit, marine, aircraft, UAV, personal transporters, e-bikes, robots
3-day course, "Li-ion batteries and applications":
- Day 1, AM: Batteries: Fundamental concepts, Li-ion cell
- Day 1, PM: Batteries: Cell arrangement, Li-ion BMS
- Day 2, AM: Batteries: Battery design, Modules and arrays
- Day 2, PM: Batteries: Assembly, Dysfunctions
- Day 3, AM: Applications: either Small batteries, Large low voltage batteries, Traction batteries or High voltage stationary batteries
- Day 3, PM: Applications: Case studies
Forensic analysis of accidents related to Li-ion battery packs and Battery Management Systems.
We have worked directly on Li-ion battery fires that occurred on these racing yachts, on the behalf of insurance companies:
(No Elithion products were installed in any of these yachts.)
Inside a yacht after a Li-ion battery fire.
Providing Expert Witness services for deposition and trials related to Li-ion batteries and BMSs.
Our rates for standard consulting are:
- Hourly rate: $ 200 / hour, billed in 15 minute increments
- Travel rate: $ 2000 / day plus expenses
Please Contact us about our consulting services.