Cell board, pouch, single cell
1PO0000, standard Cell Boards for pouch cells Notice: This product has been discontinued and is no longer available
Each of these cell boards handles a single pouch cell|
(as opposed to a 1POxxxx, which handles multiple cells per board).
- Sufficiently flexible to fit most sizes of large pouch cells
- Placed vertically, between cell tabs
- Multiple cell boards are mechanically secured to each other
- Connected to cell tabs through flags
- One Cell Board per cell (or set of multiple cells in parallel)
- Highest flexibility, as they may be used with any cell arrangement
- Thin: for cells as thin as 4 mm (0.16 ")
- Narrow: for cells with spacing between tabs as little as 21 mm (0.8 ")
- A single communication wire is used between adjacent cells in a bank
- These cell boards require a BMS master to form a complete BMS
These cell boards can be used with a variety of pouch cells.
Many configurations are possible, as long as each cell board is mounted directly onto its cell.
Cell board stack, 12 cells. Courtesy Formula GroupT
Cell boards placed between cell tabs
The stack pictured at right uses 1 positive end (reverse connector), 2 mid boards (short version), 1 negative end (reverse connector).
The stack is dropped in the space between cell tabs; the 5 copper flags are clamped to the cells' tabs.
Installation is straightforward, though be forewarned that it requires significantly more time, additional parts and skill than other Lithiumate cell boards:
- Place pouch cells in a stack, with alternating polarities
- Prepare a stack of cell boards, mounted together using spacers to match the pitch of the cells
- Wire the cell boards together, adding flags for the cell connections
- Drop the assembly in the area between cell tabs, allowing the cell board's flags to sit between cell tabs
- Clamp the cell tabs together, to form a series connection, as well as connecting to the cell boards' flags
For more information, see the installation instructions.
Cell board stack, 4 cells, 10 mm thick
Cell board stack, 8 cells, 13 mm thick
These standard Cell Boards are compatible with a wide range of pouch cells available on the market today, including:
- Compact Power / LG Chem
For detailed specifications, please see the Lithiumate™ Manual).
||Cell voltage sensing range
||Cell voltage sensing accuracy
||Cell load current
1-reading / sec
||End cell boards|
Between battery & low voltage
These are the smallest cell boards available.
Dimensions of various cell boards
||0.8" / 20.3 mm
||1.0" / 25.4 mm
||0.675" / 17.1 mm
||0.10" / 2.5 mm
|end board, no conn.
||0.15" / 3.8 mm
|end board, right angle conn.
||0.42" / 10.7 mm
|end board, straight conn.
||0.60" / 15.2 mm
||0.110" / 2.8 mm
||0.475" / 12.1 mm
|Max spacer diameter
||0.20" / 5.1 mm
Each bank requires a positive cell board on its most positive cell, a negative cell board on its most negative cell, and mid-bank cell boards in the remaining cells.
(The automatic quote form will select the correct number of each type of board for you.)
In order to offer the greatest flexibility, end boards come standard without a connector on them, though 2 loose connectors are included for each: a straight connector and a right angle connector.
End boards with a connector already soldered, of either type, and placed on either side, are available with quick turnaround.
Part number: 1PO0000M:
- 1 = Cell Board
- PO = Pouch
- 0000 = pitch: n.a.
- M = mid bank (available:M = mid-bank; P = positive end; N = negative end)
To order, please see the Lithiumate BMS ordering form.