Cell board, custom, multiple cells
1XXxxxx, custom Cell Boards for multiple cells
Each of these custom cell boards handles a number of cells.
- Custom made to fit a number of cells
- One Cell Board per a group of cells in series (and, if required, in parallel as well)
- These cell boards require a BMS master to form a complete BMS
These cell boards can be used with a variety of cells, in a variety of configurations, to meet your special requirements.
Custom cell board for 7 pouch cells
Custom cell board for 4 small cylindrical cells
General specifications (for detailed specifications, please see the Lithiumate™ Manual).
||Cell voltage sensing range
||Cell voltage sensing accuracy
||Cell load current
1-reading / sec
||End cell boards|
Between battery & low voltage
||0.071" / 1.79 mm
|Connector thickness, right angle
||0.27" / 6.8 mm
A bank can be handled in one of two ways:
- Full bank: a single cell board handles the entire bank
- Split bank: 2 or more cell boards handle the bank:
- A positive cell board on its most positive cell
- A negative cell board on its most negative cell
- Zero or more mid-bank cell boards on any remaining cells
|Wires to adjacent cell boards
||Handles the entire bank|
|Through two 2-pin connectors
||Handles the post positive portion of the bank|
|Red and black wires through a 2-pin connector
||A single wire to the next cell board
||Handles a central portion of the bank|
||Two single wires, one to the previous cell board, one to the next one
||Handles the post negative portion of the bank|
|White and green wires through a 2-pin connector
||A single wire to the previous cell board
- When a single cell board handles the entire bank, a "Full bank" cell board is used
- When 2 cell boards handle a bank, a "Positive end" cell board is used at the most positive end of the bank, and a "Negative end" one is used at the most negative end of the bank
- When 3 cell boards handle a bank, a "Positive end" cell board is used at the positive end, a "Mid bank" one is used in the middle, and a "Negative end" one is used at the negative end
- When n cell boards handle a bank, a "Positive end" cell board is used at the positive end, n-2 "Mid bank" ones are used in the middle, and a "Negative end" one is used at the negative end
Right angle connectors are standard on full bank and end boards.
Cell boards with straight connectors or no connectors are also available
Part number: 1ZZ1234B:
- 1 = Cell Board
- ZZ = Assigned by Elithion for each custom board
- 12 = Number of cells in series (available: 2 to 16)
- 34 = Assigned by Elithion for each custom board
- B = full bank (available: B = full bank; M = mid-bank; P = positive end; N = negative end)
These cell boards are made to order.
There is an additional NRE charge for these cell boards, for PCB layout and manufacture set-up.
To order, please see the Lithiumate BMS ordering form.